Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Classic Guacamole

Some of my favorite restaurants are authentic Mexican restaurants. Salsa, nachos, tacos, grilled chicken, guacamole, pico de gallo ... Are you kidding? I am ready to go now!

One of my favorite things to do in the world is to cook, so it is natural that met my love for cooking and my love for the authentic Mexican cuisine in the kitchen very often. I also have a fascination in search of "new" thing I had in a restaurant. If I may say so, Icompletely nailed most of my favorites - the Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Pico de Gallo was my favorite Mexican restaurant. I also had luck with the guacamole that I tried.

My guacamole recipe is the latest below. Enjoy!

CLASSIC GUACAMOLE

2 ripe avocados

1 / 2 onion, chopped

1 cup Cheddar cheese

Juice of 1 lemon

2 tbsp chopped coriander

Spoon the pulp of avocado. Sliced mediumand put them in a bowl. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, marinate the diced onion and peppers in lemon juice with a pinch of salt for a few minutes.

Add the coriander and pieces of avocado.

Puree all ingredients together until the desired consistency. Some people like their guacamole almost like apple sauce, while others, like very often. For me, it all depends on how I serve. If you are in a salad, I want it thick. InI, in fact, chopped tomatoes with cilantro and avocado slices, if I am with a salad.

In general though, I like my guacamole closer to applesauce.

Serve the guacamole with warm tortillas or tortilla chips.

I like to put a spoonful of ice cream in a bowl of guacamole with grilled chicken, sweet corn, rice, diced tomatoes, beans and a soft, warm tortillas. Heaven!

Some tips for working with avocado:


Make sure the avocado is ripe. Pat gently to the supermarket - if, like baseball, do not feel ready. You want to have a little finger. If not going to make guacamole for a few days, select the guacamole, which is not ripe.


Wash before cutting the fruit thoroughly. Even if the skin is not eaten, the knife passed through her and I want clean, safe journey to have!


Cut the avocado,long, around the seed. Turn half into his hands to separate the seeds and others.


Remove and discard the seeds with a spoon. If the TV chefs use knives to attack and remove the seeds, is displayed. They have had years of practice and again, just in case something goes wrong. You and I are better off with a spoon!


You can peel the avocado and carefully spoon the meat with a spoon. For me, itas ripe avocado - it asks if you really gentle exfoliation, just for the trouble.

We want to ensure that the mass spraying lemon juice or lime in an avocado, once you have opened the cut. Sunbathing at an amazing rate and, frankly, is not a pretty sight. Lemon or lime juice does not believe that happened.

If you start to experiment with avocado, I think it gets very addictive. Are very versatile, healthy and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment